Friday, October 16, 2015

Embarrassment for Two Please

I do clumsy or silly things from time to time, though I try to not embarrass myself.  But if I do, I can usually laugh it off and not feel too judged for whatever I just did.  After having a baby, there is a period of time where anything goes.  Oh, is that spit up on my shirt?  Poop? Did my baby just pee on you?  I'm sorry, she just entered the world yesterday.  People generally seem to give you a "pass" for possible embarrassing things that your baby might do.  But then you reach a point where you finally feel like you are a normal human again, and this "pass" may or may not still exist.  In my mind, my 14 month old and I should have it together by now, and I do actually get embarrassed by silly things she does.  This child can fart.  She is a petite little thing and only weighs about 20lbs.  It is shocking what sounds and smells she makes when she farts.  It has sounded like a motor boat, it has sounded like the eye of the thunderstorm is right over our heads, and it can stink up a room in a second.  So, picture yourself pushing a stroller around Target with your darling little 14 month old where people always say, "She's so small!", and out comes a fart similar to the roar of a lion.  You quickly look around to see who was in ear shot of the monstrous sound, and give a slight uncomfortable smile to anyone who was.  The best part about it all-I usually can't help but giggle when she does fart, so now whenever she does let one rip, she smiles and sometimes will giggle too.  It is adorable when it happens at home, but extremely embarrassing when it happens in out in public, mostly because I know all of the strangers are thinking it was me who let one sneak out in the middle of the store.
The other embarrassing thing that happened recently was hopefully only embarrassing in my mind.  Harper loves to pick things up from anywhere she can find them and leave them in a different place.  This time, it happened to be a purple, lacy pair of my underwear that ended up in the diaper bag.  It wouldn't have been a big deal if I wouldn't have left my diaper bag in the nursery at my MOPS group one morning.  Now, I have no idea if the pair of underwear was discovered by the sweet girls that watch the babies while the moms have time to ourselves in our meeting.  But how embarrassing is that if they did?? I didn't realize the underwear was in the bag until we got home later that day and was MORTIFIED.  Lesson learned: Your sweet baby might fart in public from time to time and there is nothing you can do to prevent that, but you can check your diaper bag for run away underwear before leaving the house.
So sneaky. 

Fart smile? :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment